Here is another meat-free addition to our vegan recipes, the Vegan Taco. This taco recipe utilizes dairy-free cheese, vegetarian meat (aka meat substitutes), and fresh ingredients. Enjoy this vegan food anytime, not just during Cinco de Mayo. It is so tasty, the leftovers will be gone before you know. That is, if you have any leftover.
Vegan Taco Ingredients
- Ear of Corn
- Black Beans – Cooked Yield – 1 Cup
- Cilantro – 2 Tablespoons, Chopped
- Taco Seasoning – 2 Teaspoons or (Use 2 teaspoons from the homemade mix we make – 1 ½ tsp Chili Powder, 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder, 1/8 tsp Onion Powder, 1/8 tsp Oregano, ½ tsp Paprika, 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, ¾ tsp Cumin, pinch of Salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper).
- Peppers – 10 Mini (Assorted Colors) or 1 Large Red Pepper – Roasted
- Beyond Meat – 10 Ounce Beyond Beef Crumbles
- Vegan Cheese – 2 Ounces Shredded
- Olive Oil – 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Tomato – 1 Diced
- Guacamole – Teaspoon per Taco – Top Dress (See Our Guacamole Recipe Here)
- Onion – 1 Medium – Diced
- Romaine Lettuce – Cut 2 leaves into strips
- Soft Taco Shells – 6
How to Prepare
- Start by removing the husk from the Ear of Corn.
- Remove the Corn Kernels.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of Oil on Medium Heat.
- Add the Corn and spread evenly in a frying pan and reduce heat to low. Allow to brown on one side before stirring.
- As the corn cooks, remove the stems and seeds from the peppers.
Cut the Peppers in half, place on pan and drizzle with a ½ teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- Broil until the Peppers are brown and soft, flip and repeat the process. The entire broiling time takes 5-7 minutes. Once the peppers finish cooking, allow cooling before handling.
- Then cut the peppers into one inch long thin strips.
- Add the onion to the corn, once the corn has browned on both sides. Cook the onion until it has become translucent.
- Now add the cooked Black Bean and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the Beyond Meat Beyond Beef Crumbles and spices. Cook until heated completely.
- While the crumbles are heating, place the soft taco shells into foil wrap, completely seal the foil. Now heat at 350 degrees until the shells are heated.
- Build your taco. Add Shredded Cheese, Peppers, Taco Mixture, Guacamole, Cilantro (aka coriander), and Romaine Lettuce.
Vegetarian Recipe Option for Vegetarian Tacos
Sour Cream – Teaspoon per Taco – Top Dress
Replace Vegan Cheese with Cheddar Cheese