We simply love this Caprese Salad. It has become our go to Summer Salad because of its flavor and ease to make. The fresh ingredients really make this salad. From fresh tomatoes, to fresh mozzarella cheese to using only fresh basil. While the fresh mozzarella cheese pearls are less salty and a bit more expensive than using mozzarella sticks, the cheese sticks cut into bite sized pieces also works. In a pinch, you can use sweet tomatoes such as Roma Tomatoes or even Heirloom Tomatoes. While either will work, we like the ease of the Cherry tomatoes, which create the perfect bite sized fruit.
Salad Serves 4
Caprese Salad Ingredients:
Cherry Tomatoes – 1 pint Halved
Fresh Mozzarella Pearls – 4 ounces
Fresh Bail – 4 Large Leaves Chopped
Olive Oil – 2 teaspoons
Balsamic Vinegar – 1 Teaspoon
Salt and Pepper – Pinch
How to Prepare the Caprese Salad
- Always start by washing the tomatoes before use. Then, cut each Cherry Tomato in half. Feel free to cut them in thirds should you like a smaller piece of tomato in the salad.
- Once the tomatoes have been cut in half, add them to a bowl or storage container.
- Separate the Fresh Mozzarella Pearls. Then add four ounces (generally that is half the package of the mozzarella cheese) to the Cherry Tomatoes.
- Next, wash 4 of the largest basil leaves in the package or off the Basil Plant. Then, remove stems on the end and chopped the fresh basil. Once you have finished chopping, add the fresh basil to the bowl which contains the both the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the top of all of the ingredients
- Now it’s time to add the Balsamic Vinegar to the top as well
- Finally, if desired, feel free to add a pinch of salt and pepper to the salad.
- Now, mix all of the ingredients together under thoroughly they are toughly combined.
- Refrigerate the Caprese Salad once it has been combined.
- Remember to serve chilled
We have other salad recipes available on our blog. Click here for another salad recipe.