Fall in Love with this Kale Recipe
Fall in Love with this Kale Recipe
Kale Is generally one of those vegetables that people either love or hate. In years past, we leaned towards hating the flavor and texture. We believe the main reason for disliking this cruciferous vegetable was the way it had been prepared. Some of the ways we had it served to us included lots of vinegar or even just raw with lemon juice. Once we started playing with kale recipes, we began to enjoy the flavor and texture. Now, we enjoy kale regularly. So, sit back, read through this blog post, and give kale another chance. We hope, like us, you will Fall in Love with this Kale Recipe.
Kale itself doesn’t need to be a side dish. Instead, it can be made into a main dish and can be enjoyed by the entire family. This kale recipe is also a spaghetti dish. Once the kale is cooked, it is tossed over spaghetti for a tasty, hearty meal. This recipe tastes so good, to us, that we hope you no longer will be afraid of kale recipes.
Kale Recipe Ingredients
- Kale – 10 Ounces
- *Mediterranean Feta Crumbles – 4 Ounces
- Spaghetti – 8 Ounces
- Olive Oil – One – Two Tablespoon
- Water – Two Tablespoons
- Grape Tomatoes – 8 Ounces
- *Italian Seasoning – Add a Pinch per Plate to Replace Mediterranean Feta Crumbles
Prepare our Kale Recipe
- Let’s start this recipe by placing a pot of water on the stove large enough to cook eight ounces of spaghetti. Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pot of water is on the stove, it’s time to prepare the vegetables.
- Wash all of the vegetables and pat dry to remove excess water.
- Now, take your knife and remove the kale leaves from the stems. The stems will not be used in this recipe, so they can be discarded. If you have a compost pile, add the kale so the waste can add nutrients to your soil.
- Next, roughly chop the kale leaves and set aside.
- Take the eight ounces of the grape tomatoes and cut in thirds for the larger tomatoes and cut in half for the smaller ones. Also set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of Olive Oil in a large pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add the chopped kale and sauté.
- After a few minutes of sautéing, add the two tablespoons of water. Then cover and cook for three minutes.
- After three minutes, remove the cover and continue cooking until the kale has softened and the water has evaporated. Keep on mind the kale will shrink to about one-third the volume.
- Now, add the cut grape tomatoes to the pan of kale and cook until the tomatoes have heated. Add an additional tablespoon of olive oil if the dish seems dry.
- Next, take the sautéed kale recipe off the heat and stir in the four ounces of crumbles until thoroughly mixed.
- Now add the cooked pasta back into the pot you cooked it in. Then stir in the kale mixture.
- Serve hot.
- If you were unable to find the Mediterranean Feta Crumbles, be sure to add a pinch of Italian seasoning to each plated serving.
*For a twist, roast the tomatoes before adding to the kale. To roast, cut the tomatoes in half and coat with oil. Then, place into a preheated oven at 400 degrees. Roast for 30-40 minutes. Adding roasted tomatoes adds a wonderful flavor.
Another Kale Recipe
If you feel like you could Fall in Love with this Kale Recipe, we have another for you to try too: our SPICY KALE RECIPE. We just love spicy food, and we love kale as well. By combining the two, we have come up with a great way to eat kale. This Spicy Kale Recipe can be as mild or as hot as you desire because you control how much red pepper flakes to add to the dish. This dish has become one of our favorite kale recipes, and we hope it becomes your favorite as well.