Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe
We have been fans of Brussels Sprouts for as long as we can remember. Throughout the years, we have experimented we different ingredients to develop an unusual flavor combination to enjoy this tasty vegetable. Our Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe was born after a night of experimentation. Since that night, this has become one of our favorites, or dare we say our best Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Brussels Sprouts nutrition is the main reason many people will eat this wonderful vegetable. As per a Webmd article, Brussel Sprouts are chock full of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, and Potassium. So, we can see why some people will consume sprouts for health benefits. Yes, brussels sprouts might be healthy for us, but we eat it more for the flavor than anything else. For us, the nutrition of this plant is a happy coincidence. Yes, we are the people who really enjoy its taste. We hope our recipe will make you a fan of Brussels Sprouts as well.
Now, before we get into the recipe, we want to discuss the spelling of Brussels Sprouts. We have seen Brussels Sprouts written as Brussel Sprouts without the S at the end. It seems that many choose to use the singular form of the word. We, ourselves, have used it on occasion, including in other recipes we have written. However, it does appear that the name Brussels Sprouts is named after the capital of Belgium, Brussels. Consequently, the name of this cruciferous vegetable.
However, if you see use writing roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe or Brussel sprouts nutrition, please be kind. Yes, we know there is an S at the end of Brussel, but at times we may leave it in the recipe because some people still use the singular form of the word. Also, old habits die hard. Consequently, we may write it in error but always appreciate it for old-times sake for when we called it Brussel over Brussels.
We know you came here for a Brussels Sprouts Recipe and not to hear us go on about nutrition or the spelling of Brussels vs. Brussels. So for the sake of our readers, here you go. Now on to what you have been waiting for; our Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe.
Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ingredients
- Brussel Sprouts – One Pound (peeled and halved)
- Local Honey – 4 Tablespoons
- Red Pepper Flakes – ¼ Teaspoon
- Sesame Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Prepare Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Start by washing the Brussel Sprouts.
- Next, cut off the stem and remove the outer leaves and discard. (We place these leaves in the yard so we can watch the wildlife feed on them through our exterior cameras.)
- Then, halve the Brussel Sprouts.
- Now, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If your oven, like ours, has a roast setting, be sure to use it.
- Add the two tablespoons of olive oil to a cooking pan or cooking dish.
- Pour the sprouts into the oil; then mix until they are fully coated.
- Place in the oven to produce oven roasted brussels sprouts. For our oven, the cooking took nearly 30 minutes. Your cooking time may be shorter or longer depending on your stove and how you like the oven-roasted Brussel Sprouts cooked.
- While the food is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Begin the sauce by adding four tablespoons of honey to a small bowl.
- Next, add the ¼ teaspoon full of red pepper flakes.
- Now, add one teaspoon of sesame seeds and stir until combined.
- Once the roasted brussels sprouts are cooked, remove from pan or cooking dish and place onto a serving dish or plate directly.
- Put the honey mixture into the microwave for 10 seconds to warm, slightly. The warmed honey spreads easily over the sprouts.
- Once warmed, stir the honey mixture again.
- Now it is time to drizzle the honey over the brussels sprouts and serve warm.
Another Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Now you know how to cook brussels sprouts. If you would like another Brussel Sprouts recipe, we have another we love and hope you will like as well. Our Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe. This recipe tastes utterly different than our Sweet Heat Brussels Sprouts Recipe. In our Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe, we use caraway seeds to enhance the flavor. There are only four ingredients in this recipe. Brussel Sprouts, Salt, Caraway Seeds, and Olive Oil. It is a simple recipe that has lots of flavor. Give it a try if you so desire.
Here is the link for the Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe.
Beyond Brussels Sprouts
Although we do love this vegetable, we are a huge fan of other types as well. We tend to lean more towards international flavors than anything else. If an international flavor intrigue you, here are a few recipes you may want to consider
Incredible Corn: New Delhi Style – Our trip to New Delhi India inspired this recipe. It combines the beautiful flavor and aromas of Indian spice mixed with fresh corn off the cob. Here is the method if you want to have a look, Incredible Corn: New Delhi Style.
Delectable Irish Mashed Potatoes: Our recipe combines potatoes and leeks. The flavor is not only unique but one that we cannot get enough of whenever we prepare this dish. We have included a vegan alternative on the recipe itself. Click HERE to check out the recipe.
Cilantro Chutney: Cilantro, also known as coriander, goes well with many dishes. Which includes, but is not limited to, curry, biryani, tandoori, on a pakora, rice, naan bread, eggs, toast, and even sandwiches. Cilantro Chutney is our favorite condiment, and we use it to replace mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. We also use this chutney for more than just Indian food. Use your imagination. You may find other uses that make you say WOW. If you are interested in our Cilantro Chutney recipe, click the link.
Thank you for visiting the Vegetarian Cooking Couple. Feel free to subscribe to our blog here. The Vegetarian Cooking Couple to stay up to date when a new recipe hits the internet.
Or, feel free to follow us on Facebook here: www.thevegetariancookingcouple. Just click like to see our new recipes inspirations as they are posted on our Facebook Page.