One of Our Most Delicious Pasta Recipes: Spicy Pasta
Pasta is so versatile. It happens to be one of those dishes that can be made quickly with a jar of pasta sauce when time is limited. It can also be created with a little more attention to add additional flavor when more time is spent on cooking. Here at the Vegetarian Cooking Couple, we love pasta. Consequently, we make it at least once a week, ensuring we have left-overs so we can enjoy it another night. Although we cook pasta in many different ways, this one happens to be One of Our Most Delicious Pasta Recipes.
We love fresh basil recipes; so, we wanted to share this one with you. Please, check out this flavorful dish with its vine ripe tomatoes, fresh herbs (fresh basil and fresh parsley), and jalapenos. Hopefully, after you try it, this recipe will be your choice whenever you are looking for a tasty and spicy pasta dish.
- Tomatoes – 4 Large Vine-Ripened, Seeded, and Chopped
- Garlic – 3 Large Cloves, Chopped
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – 2 Ounces in Oil, Chopped
- Farfalle Pasta – One Pound
- Jalapeno Peppers – ¼ Cup Seeded and Chopped
- Onion – Small, Chopped
- Olive Oil – Two Tablespoons and a Teaspoon for Pasta Water
- Sherry Cooking Wine – ½ Cup
- Basil – Fresh, Chopped
- Parsley – Fresh, Chopped
- Salt – Pinch for Pasta Water and Pinch for Tomatoes
Delicious Pasta Recipes: Spicy Pasta – How to Prepare
- Let’s start this recipe by washing and drying the fresh ingredients, with the exception of the garlic and onion.
- Once clean, cut the tomatoes in half, then remove the seeds and discard.
- Now, chop the seeded vine ripened and set aside.
- Next, peel and chop the garlic. Set aside.
- At this time, remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeno peppers. Then chop and set aside.
- Peel and chop the small onion. Then, set aside.
- Chop both the fresh basil and the fresh parsley. You may set them aside, mixed together.
- Now, chop two ounces of sundried tomatoes. Be sure not to discard any left-over oil on your cutting board. You will add that oil to the recipe when you add the sun dried tomatoes.
- For this step, heat a 12” frying pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm, add the two tablespoons of olive oil. Then, immediately add the chopped garlic and chopped onion—sautee for 2 minutes.
- At this time, add the half cup of cooking sherry—Cook for two more minutes.
- Now add the seeded and chopped jalapenos and sundried tomatoes and any oil from your cutting board. Stir.
- Once stirred, add the chopped seeded ripe ripened tomatoes.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Once the ingredients are boiling, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Do not cover and stir occasionally. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes. Some of the sherry will cook off during this time—Cook the longer time to reduce more of the sherry if you so desire.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat a pot of water for the farfalle pasta. To the water, add a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bring the water to a hard boil, then add the pasta. Be sure to turn down the heat to reduce the pot from boiling over.
- Cook the pasta to your desired firmness.
- Once the sauce is cooked, add the chopped fresh herbs, and stir.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked, add it back to the pot used to cook it.
- Now stir in the sauce and serve hot.
- That’s it – Enjoy!
If you enjoyed “One of Our Most Delicious Pasta Recipes: Spicy Pasta”, here are some other Past Recipes from The Vegetarian Cooking Couple that you might like.
Kale Is generally one of those vegetables that people either love or hate. In years past, we leaned towards hating the flavor and texture. We believe the main reason for disliking this cruciferous vegetable was the way it had been prepared. Some of the ways we had it served to us included lots of vinegar or even just raw with lemon juice. Once we started playing with kale recipes, we began to enjoy the flavor and texture. Now, we enjoy kale regularly. So, sit back, read through this blog post, and give kale another chance. We hope, like us, you will Fall in Love with this Kale Recipe. Some of the ingredients include kale and grape tomatoes. Click the link above for the full recipe.
There was a time when we made this recipe by sautéing bell peppers and cauliflower. Over time our tastes evolved, and this roasted vegetable pasta recipe was born. Let’s face it, nothing beats roasted red peppers, and cauliflower is 100 times better when cooked this way! By adding each, this dish took on an entirely new flavor that was far better than we ever imagined. Some of the ingredients include roasted red bell peppers and cauliflower. Click the link above for the full recipe.
One day, we had received an invite to a picnic with friends. The host had requested that each couple bring a dish to share. The task we were given was to bring a pasta salad. While we have been to many of these events in the past, the dishes shared were generally similar in taste. Each time someone brought a pasta salad, it tasted just like the one someone else served at a different occasion. We wanted to create something a bit diverse that used one of our beloved herbs, dill. Many times, a dish has to grow with changes each time it is made to enhance the recipe.
This salad has remained the same since we first put it together and brought it to our first picnic. We do hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Some of the ingredients include Fresh Dill and a red onion. Click the link above for the full recipe.
We want to thank you for checking out our recipes and our site. If you like our recipes, please subscribe to our blog by clicking this link: www.thevegetariancookingcouple.com