Tropical Rice: A Simple Rice Recipe
If you are looking for a tasty rice recipe, you have come to the right place. Our Tropical Rice: A Simple Rice Recipe has a unique flavor, but it is also easy to make. The addition of fresh pineapple and coconut cream adds to the beautiful tropical flavor. While this healthy rice recipe works well as a side-dish, it can also be served as a main course as well.
Tropical Rice: A Simple Rice Recipe Ingredients
- Raisins – 2 Tablespoons
- Coconut Cream – ½ Cup
- White Basmati Rice – 1 ½ Cups, Uncooked
- Vegetable Stock – 3 Cups
- Unsalted Toasted Almond Slices – 2 Tablespoons
- Green Bell Pepper – Medium, Chopped
- Onion – Medium, Chopped
- Fresh Cilantro – Half a Bunch
- Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Curry Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Fresh Pineapple – 8 Ounces, Chopped
Prepare our Tropical Rice: A Simple Rice Recipe
- Let’s start by preparing the fresh pineapple. Remove the top and the bottom of the pineapple. Continue cutting until you have bite-sized pineapple weighing eight ounces.
- Now, peel and chop the onion.
- Next, wash and dry the medium green bell pepper. Remove the stem, and discard it. Slice open to remove the pith and the seeds. Then, chop the pepper.
- Wash and pat dry the fresh cilantro. Then remove the leaves from half the bunch and chop.
- There are two ways to cook this rice recipe, one is with a rice cooker, and the other is with a pot on the stovetop. We generally make this dish in the rice cooker, but it is easily prepared on the stove, as well.
- For the Rice Cooker – Add the two tablespoons of olive oil to a heated cooker.
- Next, add the chopped green pepper and the chopped onion and sauté.
- Once sautéed, add three cups of vegetable stock to the rice cooker.
- Then add the half cup of coconut cream.
- Now add the two tablespoons of raisins as well as the two tablespoons of unsalted toasted almond slices.
- Add the half teaspoon of curry powder
- Add the eight ounces of chopped pineapple.
- For this step, add rinsed one and a half cups uncooked white basmati rice, and stir.
- Next, place on the lid and turn on your rice cooker to cook the rice.
- Once the rice is done, fluff.
- Plate the rice, then add the chopped cilantro.
- Stove Top Method – Tropical Rice: A Simple Rice Recipe
- Start by heating a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients once the rice has cooked.
- Next, add the two tablespoons of olive oil to the heated pot.
- Now add the chopped green pepper and onion and sauté.
- Once sautéed, add the raisins, coconut cream, vegetable stock, fresh pineapple, curry powder, rice, and toasted almonds.
- Now stir.
- Bring to a boil. Once Boiled, cover and reduce the heat.
- Cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff, and plate.
- To the plated rice, add the chopped cilantro.
For More Rice Dishes, check out these recipes.
Do you love Spanish Rice Recipes? If you do or have not tried one yet, we have one that we feel will knock your socks off. Our Vegan Spanish Rice Recipe tastes great, is easy to make, and will have you asking for another helping. Click the above link for the recipe.
Due to extensive travel throughout Central America, we fell in love with rice for breakfast. Generally, that is when we eat this dish. However, we have also been known to consume it at dinner. It works well as either as a meal or as a side dish. This Cajun Vegetarian Rice is a wonderful dish, no matter when you choose to eat it. Click the above link for the recipe.
Feel free to follow The Vegetarian Cooking Couple for Tips, Tricks, and Recipes. https://thevegetariancookingcouple.com/