Ginger Broccoli Recipe
Ginger Broccoli Recipe
We simply LOVE eating broccoli and cannot get enough of it no matter how it’s cooked. Just two days ago we had steamed broccoli. A couple of days before that, we enjoyed it roasted. To us, broccoli is one of those vegetables that taste great; however, it is prepared. Our Ginger Broccoli Recipe is one of our most favorites to make because it is very versatile. This Vegan recipe can be served as a side dish or, place this vegetable on top of rice as a stand-alone meal. Both ways work great. And, both ways are delightful.
What makes this recipe so great is the combination of the Roasted Season Oil and the Fresh Ginger. We happen to be huge fans of this combination. Now, there are times we will add a bit more ginger when we crave a bit more of its flavor. Feel free to adjust the amount you use based on your desire for the stronger or milder flavor.
Nowadays, many people are unaware that bone char is used to make sugar. Bone char is a porous material that is produced by charring animal bones. This process decolorizes the sugar cane to form the white sugar color we often see. Sadly, this procedure is often true with brown sugar as well.
So, whether you are making this recipe vegetarian or vegan, make sure to use a Bone Char Free Light Brown Sugar. Wholesome has bone char free products available, and that is exactly what we use in this recipe. A quote from Wholesome’s website reads – “ No chemicals, bone char, or animal by-products are used to make or de-colorize this sugar making it ideal for vegans.” If you want to view more from this company, visit Wholesome’s website.
Ginger Broccoli Recipe Ingredients
- Broccoli – 1 ½ Pound
- Soy Sauce – 3 Tablespoons
- Roasted Sesame Seed Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 4 Tablespoons
- Vegan Light Brown Sugar – 2 Teaspoons
- Ginger – 1 Inch Piece Peeled and Minced
Prepare our Ginger Broccoli Recipe
- Begin the process by cutting the florets off of the broccoli. These pieces should be between 1.5 – 2 inches long.
- Next, cut these broccoli pieces in half, lengthwise.
- Peel the fresh ginger; then mince
- In a small bowl, add the four tablespoons of water, the two teaspoons of the vegan light brown sugar, the three tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir these ingredients to combine and set aside.
- Now, heat the one tablespoon of roasted sesame seed oil in either a wok or a deep pan on medium heat.
- Once the sesame oil has heated, add the broccoli. Stir occasionally.
- As soon as the broccoli begins to wilt, add bowl that contains the water, brown sugar, and soy sauce mixture and stir to coat the broccoli.
- Continue cooking until the broccoli has started to brown.
- Either serve as a side dish. Or, place Ginger Broccoli Recipe on steamed rice for a complete meal.
If you like this recipe, feel free to check out another one of our vegan recipes, such as our Savory Open-Faced Sandwich.