We have been making this vegan vegetable stew recipe for many years due to its ease and taste. Whenever we can make a One-Pot Dish, we will strive to do so since there are fewer dishes to clean. For many, the clean up after cooking turns them off to cooking. Stew recipes, such as this one, eliminates the extra work while rewarding us with this delicious, mostly potato stew.
Now is you are looking for a spicy stew, double up on the Serrano Pepper. If you are looking for a less spicy recipe, remove the seeds and the membrane before adding the pepper to this dish. This process will give you the Serrano flavor with less of the heat.
Vegetable Stew Ingredients
- Potatoes – 8 Small Peeled Quartered
- Garlic – 4 Cloves Minced
- Serrano Pepper – Diced
- Onions – 3 Large Chopped
- Green Beans – ½ Pound Cut into Thirds
- Tomatoes – 1 Pound Chopped
- Fresh Parsley – Chopped – 2 Tablespoons
- Water – 1/3 Cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 Cup
- Salt – ¼ Teaspoon
- Italian Seasoning – 1 Tablespoon
Prepare the Vegetable Stew
- Let’s start by washing and peeling the potatoes.
- The next step is to quarter the potatoes and set aside.
- Now, mince the four cloves of peeled garlic.
- Peel and chop the three large onions.
- Next, dice the Serrano Pepper. For a less spicy recipe, remove the seeds and the membrane.
- The garlic, onions, and pepper will be cooked together; so you may set them aside, together.
- Wash and chop the one pound of tomatoes.
- Chop the parsley until you have two tablespoons.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, onions, and Serrano Pepper.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the tomatoes, the potatoes, the water, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil uncovered.
- Once the boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer.
- Stir occasionally as not to mash the potatoes.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, add the green beans and stir.
- Cook another 20 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Before serving, mix in the chopped fresh parsley.
- If you like more salt, feel free to add some more.
- Serve Hot