Easy Tomato Salad
Easy Tomato Salad
Easy salad recipes are what we strive for when making a salad such as this one. With this tomato basil salad, we have accomplished that task. Our Easy Tomato Salad Recipe is so simple to make, and it tastes so wonderful. This recipe works well as a stand-alone salad. But it also works great as an accompaniment to a larger meal as well. We have even placed this salad on crusty bread to make a sandwich that we cannot get enough of whenever we make this recipe.
Often, our salads are vegetarian. They will include anything from cheese to potato salad. However, this is a Vegan Salad. We know not all vegans like to consume oils. But the ones who do can enjoy this salad recipe hopefully as much as we enjoy it. For us, this salad is not the same without the flavor of the olive oil.
It seems that in our home we just can’t get enough Basil. Several varieties, such as lemon, and Thai alongside the common Mediterranean dominate our herb garden. Basil has its best flavor raw or slightly wilted by tossing it in at the end of any cooked recipe. It is one of the most amazing and unique flavored herbs, and we’ve yet to meet a single person who did not love it! Today you will find basil in all its forms and flavors in items such as drinks and desserts, but who can pass up one of the best ways to enhance a simple tomato.
Now on to our Recipe!
Easy Tomato Salad Ingredients
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Olive Oil – Drizzle
- Basil – 4 Large Leaves
- Salt – Up to 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
How to Prepare our Easy Tomato Salad Recipe
- Start by thinly slicing a large tomato.
- Now, place into a serving dish by slightly overlapping the tomato slices.
- Next, finely chop the large basil leaves.
- Once the basil leaves have been chopped, sprinkle onto the top of the tomato slices.
- For this step sprinkle up to 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the tomato and basil.
- At this time, drizzle olive oil to the top of the tomato mixture.
- This easy tomato salad is now ready to be served.